The DP/ Academic Coordinator provides teachers and students with support, guidance, and encouragement as they teach and learn within the DP framework. The Academic Coordinator is a leadership position within the school with management responsibilities including curriculum development, programme administration, coordination of IB-related professional development, monitoring of graduation requirements, and communication of the IB’s philosophy, standards, and practices with all stakeholders. This position may be combined with the MYP Coordinator opening if the right candidate can found with experience as a leader of both the MYP and DP programmes.
The Academic Coordinator ensures that the Woodstock curriculum is documented, taught, assessed, and continuously improved upon so that it is in line with Woodstock’s Definition of High Quality Learning, Assessment Policy, Curriculum Policy, Desired Learning Outcomes, and Vision of Eliciting Greatness.
The Academic Coordinator directly supervises the Academic Heads of Department as well as those who coordinate the IB Core.
This is a full-time position at Asia’s oldest international boarding school. Woodstock's campus lies within a protected forest at elevation on the front range of the Indian Himalayas. Additional leadership responsibilities may be available. For more information, please visit the school’s website at www.woodstockschool.in or watch our inspiring educational philosophy here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQx0hKzwwzY.
To fulfill its goal of imparting a world class and experiential education, Woodstock believes in attaining certain objectives. Please click here to view our Desired Learning Outcomes.
Woodstock offers a wide variety of benefits to its staff:
· Housing: A furnished apartment or house is provided at no charge. Water is paid for by the school, and so is internet access.
Electricity and Telephone are highly subsidized.
· Child Education: As per Education Policy
· Relocation Assistance: As per school's policy
· Annual Cash Travel Allowance:As per School's Policy.
· Meals: Subsidized. Staff members typically pay INR 1700 (USD 28) per month for all three meals through the month, including
· Provident Fund(India’s equivalent of the 401(K) plans in the US): School matches employee contribution at 100%
· Vacation: As per Leave Policy.
· Medical insurance Coverage: INR 500,000 per staff member for hospitalization
Deadline : 31 January 2020
Hiring for July 2020