We are a young (2 years old) funky fresh digital media agency right in the heart of the super-hot "silicon alley" of NYC in the Flat Iron District. We are looking for a social media rockstar who is looking to gain more experience working in the Entertainment, Arts & Lifestyle industry. You will be pulling media lists, writing press releases, sending out event invites, pitching the press, and securing placement for our company and for our clients.
About the Position
Do you live and breathe social media and always dreamed of breaking into a cutting edge digital marketing firm who works with some of the hippest brands in the world in the Entertainment and Fashion Industries?
We're looking for an entry-level intern to work remotely alongside our social media team as a community manager for some of our clients. This is an opportunity for you to get real-world training and experience from inside one of NYC's hottest digital marketing firms.
We're looking for someone to make close bonds with our client's target market and influencers online through social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
Your role will be to serve as the eyes and ears for several of our clients across multiple platforms.
If you ever dreamed of launching a career for yourself in social media marketing, this is the best position to start.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Content related activities
• Provide ongoing editorial support for blogs, tweets and other social media activity
• Work directly with creative team and client to help develop an ongoing communication strategy and publishing calendar based on marketing objectives and community feedback
Community interaction activities
• Creatively and proactively interact with online communities across all platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, selected blogs and message board systems
• Generate community dialogue, buzz and interaction, and conduct outreach
• Maintain and expand a master list of key users, social sites and social content around Entertainment
• Answer questions and engage in conversations where necessary / as directed by the team
• Help identify and engage topic influencers and brand advocates
• Host and/or participate in live chat events
• Work with our conversation monitoring tools to track online conversations and sentiment
• Compile weekly reports on all interactions, with recommendations for possible course correction
• Proactively communicate issues, opportunities and insights to the team
Qualifications and Experience
• Up-do-date on the latest and greatest trends, venues, people, places and things around Entertainment and Fashion
- Must possess knowledge and understanding of Gen Y / Millennials’ behaviors, attitudes and values
• Understands digital and social media universe including YouTube, Facebook, StumbleUpon, Delicious, Digg, Reddit, Flickr, Pinterest, Google+, Forums, Twitter, Wikis, blogs, etc.
• Commercially minded, believes in the power of brands, excited at the prospect of interacting with people online on behalf of a consumer brand
• Excels at research, is able to identify threats and opportunities in social media content
• Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Possesses excellent / fast writing skills and the ability to crank out editorial and topical writing
• Experience managing content development and publishing would be a plus
• An ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment
• Ability to communicate results to team and management and to thrive in a fast paced environment
This is a remote position that can be run from anywhere in the 50 US States, although if you are in the NYC area we would like to have you attend meetings during the week at our office and/or with clients when needed. We are flexible and can work around your schedule if you have another job you are juggling. This is part-time work (10-20 hours per week).
You will start out as an intern for 3 months with the strong potential to secure a paid position.