We’re looking for a full time (maybe PT if necessary) San-Francisco/Silicon Valley based tech writer.
You need to be incredibly passionate about technology, start-ups, entrepreneurship and Internet culture. You’ll be keen to immerse yourself in the SF/SiliconValley technology scene – or indeed already be part of it. You’ll enjoy chasing up stories and the people behind them for interviews/comment. You’ll love people, events and developing relationships. You’ll be keen to learn the background to a story, thrive on the details and above all, be passionate about being first to a story.
You should be keen to make a name for yourself within the tech circle but more importantly, interested in being part of the Internet’s fastest growing technology blog and its team of global writers.
- Unwavering passion for technology, start-ups, entrepreneurship
- A hunger for breaking news.
- Fast, confident writer.
- Natural attention to detail
- Natural drive to get to a news story first, and the story behind the story.
- Watching out and reporting breaking news stories, anywhere on the planet – but especially within SF/Silicon Valley.
- Reviewing start-ups from across the planet – but particularly within SF/Silicon Valley
- Writing thoughtful discussion posts about the International technology scene; the companies involved, influencers and everything in between.
- Attending events and conferences.
- Interviewing influencers and companies involved in the headline.