- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Tax Manager - Tax Incentives - R&D Credit Department (Full Time)
Los Angeles, CA, US
Are you interested in working for a dynamic fast growing company, but concerned about lack of stability at a start-up? Tax Credit Co. has been in business for 17 years and is the fastest growing firm in the tax incentive advisory and processing industry. We combine the energy, excitement, and the fast pace of a small company with the stability and resources typically only found in large organizations. As we continue to introduce new services and technology to the marketplace, more and more Fortune 500 as well as small and midsize companies turn to Tax Credit Co. each month. Since 2008 we have averaged 50% annual growth and this translates into exciting growth opportunities for our team.
Our team is top-notch, and we want you to make it even stronger. If you love challenges and view your work as a reflection of who you are, we want to talk to you! We invite talented, self-directed individuals with tax management and compliance experience to apply for the position of Tax Manager at Tax Credit Co.
The purpose of this role is to ensure proper tax return compliance and utilization for all existing and prospective clients using research and development (“R&D”) tax credits, Domestic Production Activities Deductions (“DPAD”), and sales/use refunds. The Tax Manager will report directly to the Executive Director of the department and will work on all client engagements. The size of our clients ranges from start-up/small business to Fortune 500. This person will help assess prospective businesses’ and individuals’ tax returns to optimize opportunities, as well as ensure the proper compliance and utilization for our existing clients.
- Develop expertise in the complex fields of R&D, DPAD, and other investment and manufacturing incentives;
- Assess tax returns, including Corporations, S-corps, Partnerships and individuals, to determine the maximum R&D, DPAD, and other investment and manufacturing incentives they can utilize;
- Work with the sales department on sales meetings and calls to serve as the technical expert on utilization of R&D, DPAD, and other investment and manufacturing incentives;
- Ensure proper compliance of R&D, DPAD, and other investment and manufacturing incentives for all existing clients. This includes complex scenarios relating to pass-through entities with multiple owners, multiple revenue streams, and multiple incentives;
- Coordinate with other departments to communicate and collaborate on joint clients.
Education: BA/BS with strong academic record required; finance or accounting focus preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in tax management and compliance role;
- Proven track record of successfully managing multiple projects in a high-growth environment and being extremely organized;
- Proven track record of excellence in tax compliance.
- Experience with utilization of R&D, DPAD and other investment and manufacturing credits is a plus, although training will be provided;
- CPA preferred;
- Experience with FIN48, though not necessary, would be a plus.
Tax Credit Co. is a national provider of tax incentive consulting, administration and technology, serving clients from Fortune 100 to small business. The Company helps clients increase earnings by optimizing the process of obtaining state and federal tax incentives, including state and federal research and development tax credits, state enterprise zone tax credits, national hiring incentives such as the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) and other state and federal programs. Tax Credit Co.'s proprietary, next-generation software platform manages national tax credit screening and compliance for large, complex organizations. Tax Credit Co. is based in Los Angeles. For more information, please visit www.taxcreditco.com.
Tax Credit Co. is the fastest growing firm in the tax incentive advisory and processing industry. We continue to introduce new services and technology to the marketplace. As a result, more and more Fortune 500 companies and small/midsize firms turn to Tax Credit Co. each month. This translates into exciting growth opportunities for our team members.
What we want to give you:
- Responsibility: We look for conscientious, contribution-oriented individuals that can make a significant impact to our team. We recognize great talent and a great attitude, and we reward team members who exhibit both with increased recognition and responsibility. More than 40% of staff members are promoted in their first year.
- Great Experience: Our clients include some of the most respected and exciting brands in the world. Our team members get to work with great companies of all sizes and great people in various functions and industries.
- Opportunity Without Limits: We are a meritocracy. We respect integrity, vitality, talent and hard work. We look for strengths in our people that we can build on. We don’t put limits on our people’s potential.
- Family: We want individuals that love our people and our culture. We have a great team of people with positive attitudes who are motivated by accomplishment. We want our team members to love coming to work and making a difference with clients and other team members. We want Tax Credit Co. to be a home for great people.
What we want from you:
- Diversity: We want people from diverse backgrounds and experiences that can enhance our team and our work environment.
- Contribution: We want you to focus on how you can add value to our clients and our organization
- Positive Attitude: We want you to add to a proactive, positive energy in our workplace.
- Creativity: We want you to approach opportunities and solve problems in new ways that represent improvements to our organization. We want you to be energized by challenges and get motivated by creating the best solution.
Tax Credit Co. is an equal-opportunity employer. We offer competitive compensation, vacation and benefits. We are located on Sunset Boulevard in the heart of Hollywood, close to the Metro and the 101 freeway.