- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Community Development Department Project Manager-Cultural Center Renovation (FT) (Full Time)
Bishop, CA, US
General Duties: The Project Manager will plan, direct, budget and coordinate an
effective and safe execution of the Cultural Center Renovation Construction
Project. Will be responsible for establishing written goals, priorities and budgets for
projects, and communicating such to project team to ensure objectives are being
met as well as oversee project schedule to completion.
- Be familiar with all documents and special project requirements forsupervision of a multiunit project. Arrange meetings with project team, andsub-contractors to initiate construction schedule.
- Develop a master construction plan and project schedule for execution and controlling the construction activities in conjunction with the force account crew and sub-contractor. Prepare and submit budget estimates and track construction costs. Evaluate construction methods and determine cost effectiveness.
- Assist in the pre-contract bidding and final award with contractor and subcontractor and vendors.
- Obtain all necessary permits and license. This may include reviewing insurance requirements; ensure the correct coverage’s are in effect throughout the project. Maintain inventory of equipment and purchases.
- Investigate all damages, accidents, or delays at the construction sites to ensure proper procedures are being adhered.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions to change orders, intermediate changes in contractual agreements with consultants, clients, supplier and sub-contractors.
- Determine labor requirements and assist in hiring, must follow Tribal laws;
- Work closely with the inspectors for compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations or laws. This may include Tribal, County, State and Federal agencies.
- Prepare a force account subcontract plan. The plan shall include a bid package, taking bids, selecting, awarding and administering the subcontractors for project.
- Develop written reports and coordinate project meetings with supervisor(s), project team, Bishop Tribal Council.
Supervises any construction crew and maintenance staff and carries out
supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and
applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training
employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance;
rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Making-the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully to make the responsible decision.
- Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- Customer Oriented – the individual delivers excellent service to both internal and external customers in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Time Management—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Detail Oriented—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Reliability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Organized—the individual keeps clean and organized workspace and projects.
- Motivated—the individual inspires self and others about them to get the job done and follow through on tasks.
- 5 years of work experience in supervising residential construction or in a
- multiunit project management field.
- AA and contractor license preferred.
- Other Requirements:
- The individual must have the ability to work with people from diverse cultures, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds and possess a basic knowledge of Native American communities and always maintain cultural sensitivity.
- Must be able to respond to emergency situations as they arise.
- The individual must possess a valid Driver’s License and be insurable under the Tribe’s Insurance.
- Comply with the Drug-Free Workplace policy and a criminal background investigation
Native American Indian preference shall apply pursuant to the Bishop Tribal
Employment Rights Ordinance No. 1992-01 and the Indian Self-Determination and
Education Assistance Act (24 U.S.C. 450, et seq,), 25 CFR 271.44 and other
T-9 ($24.00 - $33.60/hr) DOQ