- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Heavy Civil Estimator/Project Manager (Full Time)
Westfield, MA, US
Our client, a heavy civil contractor in Western MA, specializing in all phases of site work, utility installation and road construction with a work area encompassing all of Massachusetts, northern Connecticut and parts of southern Vermont and New Hampshire, has a great opportunity for an experienced Heavy Civil Estimator/Project Manager.
The Heavy Civil Estimator/Project Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, and directing full estimating services on large, complex, and high risk projects. This will include attendance at pre-bid meetings, preparation of bid packages, estimating, planning, scheduling, project and cost controls, resolving issues, and project close-out, in addition to seeking new business.
Our ideal candidate must possess:
- A passion for the industry
- A minimum of 3 years estimating/project management experience in one or more of the following project types: all phases of site work; sewer, water and drainage; road construction; box culvert and bridge construction; temporary earth support systems; slope stabilization and earthen dam repairs; athletic fields; rock excavation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Experience with AutoCad, utility takeoff software, surface design for layout and control
- Bridge history a plus
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent project management, communication, interpersonal, documentation, technical, and organization skills
- Proficiency in project reporting, budgeting, cost estimating, scheduling, invoice reconciliation, risk management, documentation/data management, and project close out
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints, and scopes of work
- Demonstrated ability to manage and work with multi-disciplined teams, handle complex issues, and maintain effective work relationships
- Demonstrated negotiation and mediation skills
- Ability to represent the company professionally
- The desire to contribute to the company’s growth
Our client offers excellent compensation and benefits and an enjoyable work environment. Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply by submitting a resume and cover letter.