Business Development Representative (BDR) - Position Overview
The Business Development Representative (BDR) position is a fit for those with previous entry level marketing and or sales experience and for those with minimum work experiences but have the "go getter" attitude!
Who should apply? Those interested in...
- Pursuing a career in marketing and sales
- Building experience and understanding of business-to-business direct marketing
- Working in an agency/professional services setting where there is plenty of room for growth
- Inspiring others and having fun
The BDR Position
The BDR functions as an extension of our clients' sales force - helping to cultivate relationships with prospective customers via telephone and to identify qualified opportunities for our clients' solutions/services.
Our clients both technology and non-technology providers, engage Frantz Group to build integrated marketing campaigns for the purpose of generating highly qualified sales leads, opportunity pipeline, and closed revenue. These integrated campaigns can include a variety of marketing communication vehicles such as outbound calling activity, direct mail, email, advertising, events, etc. The BDR is responsible for following up on these marketing communications via outbound and inbound telephone activity - contacting Manager, Director, VP, and C-level business contacts. The BDR effectively cultivates relationships with these executives to provide further information about our clients' solutions and ask intelligent questions to determine if the prospect is actively engaged in a related solution or services search. Once an opportunity or "lead" is identified, the Lead Generation Specialist must document the details of that opportunity (decision-making process, buying timeframe, budget, key business drivers) in written form and forward that opportunity report for follow-up by our clients' sales representatives.
The BDR must...
Quickly learn about and understand complex technology offerings - and be able to articulate the value of these offerings to a prospective technology buyer
- "Think on your feet" - the ability to engage business executives in unscripted conversation and credibly respond to their questions
- Understand thoroughly the importance of lead generation as a vital and key element in the sales cycle
- Network through complex organizations in order to identify appropriate decision maker names, titles, roles, etc.
- Deliver our clients messaging/value proposition convincingly and effectively in phone conversation with high level executives
- Acquire and document key marketing intelligence captured via in-depth phone conversation (marketing database proficiency and sound writing skills are imperative)
- Successfully nurture potential opportunities until they meet minimum lead qualification criteria
- Apply sound business judgment to ensure qualified opportunities match lead standards established by our clients and have true potential to progress through sales cycle
- Meet or exceed minimum goals set by management (e.g. call volumes, monthly lead objectives, billable hours, etc.)
Four-year degree in Marketing, Communication, Business Administration, and/or three to six months experience in marketing, sales or customer service-related field is preferred. However, other relevant experiences will be considered. Qualified candidates must have strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook.
Frantz Group is an equal opportunity employer