Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Head of Revenue Operations will build a best-in-class operations function to support our major donor fundraising team, collaborating closely with our fundraisers and across the organization to design, implement, and maintain systems and processes that allow our major donor fundraising team to be as efficient and effective as possible.
- Own the integration and optimization of our newly adapted Salesforce platform into the major donor workflow, advocating for and implementing improvements to ensure that the CRM serves as a useful and reliable tool for all fundraising efforts
- Oversee ongoing analytics for all major donor revenue, for both our water programs and operations business
- Partner with Finance to understand and track the health of the major donor fundraising business through tracking key performance metrics, analyzing trends and opportunities, and assisting in the budgeting and forecasting process
- Maintain and monitor the cumulative pipeline for all major donor revenue, ensuring accuracy of projections
- Take ownership over the experience and administration for major donor products, including bi-annual reporting, and ongoing communications, liaising with Programs, Creative, Marketing, and Product teams to accomplish goals
- Identify and implement upgrades and adjustments to the major donor experience that will drive satisfaction and result in increased YoY renewals
- Manage major donor research efforts to effectively mine existing supporter data and increase engagement and giving
- Collaborate on strategy and coordination for new supporter cultivation and existing supporter stewardship events
- Work with the UK charity: water team to streamline processes for financials and reporting for UK water donors
- Learn, study, and become an expert on charity: water’s programmatic work as well as become informed and articulate about international Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) issues
- Represent the major donor fundraising team in cross-functional projects, as well as project manage fundraising operations initiatives that will impact the allocation of donors and the accuracy of our reporting
- Create and maintain documentation for all processes and protocols
- Manage and mentor a Revenue Operations Associate
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of revenue operations experience in a fundraising or sales team
- 2-3 years management experience
- Experience working with Salesforce
- Proficient excel skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- A team-orientation and strong work ethic
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Project management experience is a plus
You’re obsessed with accuracy
You double and triple-check your work because you know that accurate data is crucial to operate successfully. You pay strong attention to detail, have excellent grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills. You care about the numbers being right and take the time to make sure everything reconciles or is set up to be error-proof.
You’re so organized, it’s embarrassing
When something doesn’t have a place, you make one for it and teach others to keep it that way. You can handle and prioritize multiple projects of various origins at once. You can turn any meeting or email thread into actionable items for multiple people.
You're a strategic thinker
You have the strategic prowess and social intelligence required to help build scalable models that leverage charity: water's brand, assets, relationships and opportunities to meet aggressive growth goals.
You see something that needs improvement and you take action. You love to find opportunities, and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive into complex revenue challenges.
You’re extremely organized and detail oriented
You prioritize well and are able to manage important projects, schedules, and communications in an orderly fashion.
You’re very adaptable
You're unfazed by the constant change of a fast-growing organization. You’re able to develop and structure projects, manage expectations, and work autonomously.
You’re a team player
You can coordinate efforts with many different departments -- both internal and external -- to get the job done right. You use sound judgment and intuitive analysis. And you know to follow up to make sure everyone's on the same page.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to relocate to) the NYC area only.