As the Program Finance Officer, you'll be responsible for developing and managing financial tracking, resource flows, reporting and compliance for a specified portfolio of grants awarded to a variety of partners.
- Review and approve water project investments from proposal to completion.
- Coordinate with Water Programs Officers to manage timely and reliable water project reporting.
- Coordinate stewardship of the organization’s cash while meeting water project implementation timelines.
- Actively benchmark water program investments against industry best practices.
- Monitor economic, political, and fiduciary exposure and assign risk indices to investment portfolio.
- Administer independent audits of partners.
- Requires 25% time travel to the field.
- Demonstrated excellence with budget preparation and analysis, financial reporting and the proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports.
- Superlative communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Excel mastery.
- 3-5 years in financial analyst or related role and/or cost accounting experience in global operating environment.
- Experience working in developing countries.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or business-related field, Master’s degree preferred.
You know what you’re doing You have experience not only crunching the numbers but also articulating what they mean and how they can be useful in understanding the business.
You have a team ethos You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced start-up environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments.
Your passport has many stamps You have worked and travelled globally so you are comfortable dealing with myriad people and situations.
You’re flexible, a quick responder The problem we’re trying to solve as an organization is dynamic and each day brings fresh and exciting challenges. You can react quickly and efficiently when called upon to change or pivot. You like special projects and learning new things.
You’re a problem solver and strategic thinker; you connect all the dots We find ways of getting it done at charity: water. We don’t invest time on why it can’t be done. You know how to articulate and roll out solutions, recognizing there are many solutions to the same problem. You find new and effective ways to streamline and create processes to increase efficiency.
You get under the hood Our team digs deep. They jump on planes if they have to. The integrity of our data is a core value, so your attention to detail must be impeccable.
You get things done You're a multitasking machine. You follow through on every request, no matter how big or small. You keep your cool under pressure and know how to prioritize your responsibilities. And when you need help, you’re not afraid to ask.
You like to tell a good story This is interesting work in interesting parts of the world, and you want to let all of charity: water's supporters know about how they’re making an impact.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to re-locate to) the NYC area only.