As the Head of People and Culture, you’ll champion a customer-centric, strategic human resource function at charity: water. You’ll partner with Leadership to champion our culture and values. Your focus will be on developing the members of our team, creating exciting career paths, and fostering a community of high performance, innovation, and passion. In this role, you'll build successful programs like talent acquisition, performance management and professional development for our organization made up of ~80 staff.
This role reports to the CFO.
- You'll partner with the organization’s leaders to attract, retain and grow the best talent.
- You'll develop strong programs for recruiting, onboarding, employee satisfaction, performance management, organizational planning, talent development, and manager training.
- You'll coach managers on employee relations and manage difficult situations to resolution.
- You'll advise on strategic organizational and compensation structure to ensure our people objectives are being met.
- You'll provide generalist support across the business in areas including recruiting, employee satisfaction, performance management, talent development, manager training, compliance and employment law.
- You'll understand organizational goals and recommend new approaches and policies to aid in the development of the team; align our people practices with our business objectives.
- You'll exemplify the core values of the organization, acting as an internal cultural leader.
- You'll manage a team of human resource management professionals and provide them the necessary support to thrive in their roles’ supporting the organization’s people and fostering its culture.
- 5-7 years of strong, relevant, and broad-based human resources experience
- Strong generalist experience required with knowledge of core HR functions
- Expertise in organizational development, change management, and leadership development
- Hands-on recruiting, benefits administration, and compliance experience
- Experience building processes, systems, and training programs for recruiting, performance reviews, and professional development
- Proven project management skills and project leadership capabilities
- Ability to foster relationships with all levels of staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of data analytics and reporting
- Knowledge of New York State and U.S. employment laws and regulations
- Ability to demonstrate complete discretion and confidentiality
- Experience in a technology start-up is a plus
You’re a people-person and you love building meaningful relationships
You have an innate social intelligence. Your greatest skill is establishing and cultivating strong relationships with all types of people. You find joy in mentoring team members so they can maximize their career performance and job satisfaction.
You know what you’re doing
You have a proven track record working with a high performing HR function. You’re a true HR generalist with a broad range of hands-on experience. You can handle just about anything that comes your way when it relates to People and Culture.
You are a problem solver and a strategic systems thinker
You find new and efficient ways to streamline processes and create innovative approaches to difficult problems.
You are a great communicator
You are an astute listener and you articulate your vision clearly.
You’re so organized, it’s embarrassing
When something doesn’t have a place, you make one for it and teach others to keep it that way.
You are a hard worker and you have team spirit
You thrive in fast-paced environments with people that are constantly looking to innovate, enjoy challenges, and demand excellence.
You are passionate about your work and what it means
You want to help build and cultivate the organization to help us fight the world water crisis.
You are a culture-driver.
You have integrity, persistence, patience, and a genuine desire to empower and better the professional lives of those you work alongside.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to relocate to) the NYC area only.